Our Office Is Open! Post-Shutdown Guidelines & Precautions
June 3, 2020
by EMILY COLÓN
During the shutdown, we sure missed seeing our patients in the office!
The past few months have been an unprecedented, crazy time. Our entire lives have changed — work, school, family, and free time are all different.
During this time, Wholistic Pediatrics and Family Care has learned a lot about COVID-19 by closely following what’s been happening around the country and the world.
In the early days of the pandemic we immediately switched as much of our practice to tele-health as possible, but continued to do in-person checkups under age 2.
Do Not Delay Needed Care
- We have slowly started to incorporate more in-office visits as we grow more comfortable with our ability to keep you and your family safe. We are ready to welcome all patients back into our office, though we still strongly encourage tele-health as a first option.
- It is important to not delay care, such as well check-ups and other preventive appointments. Follow-up appointments to discuss laboratory results continue to be a vital part of taking care of your health.
- We continue to offer laboratory services (blood draws, swabs, etc.) without the long wait times occurring at local labs and hospitals.
Safety is Our Primary Concern
- Changes to clinic workflows and in-office traffic patterns will ensure your family is able to maintain physical distancing.
- Everyone who enters Wholistic Pediatrics and Family Care (including providers, staff, patients with their families, and vendors) will be screened for fever and symptoms of respiratory infection, such as cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat.
- Staff will wear masks when maintaining at least 6- feet of physical distancing is not possible.
- We have modified our schedule so well and sick patients are seen in the office at separate times of day. Sick patients will be asked to wait in their cars or on the benches outside until ready to be seen. All patients have the option of waiting outside until their appointment.
- Rigorously cleaning all surfaces throughout the clinic takes place between each patient encounter. This includes surfaces in the consult room and common areas.
Restricting Office Entry
- Due to the close proximity of patients, providers, and staff when in an exam or vitals room, we aim to have as few people as possible in one room. Please try to arrange for this.
- Everyone in the building, including parents and patients over 2-years of age will at all times be required to wear a mask, bandana, or scarf that covers the mouths and nose. Please bring a facial covering for you and your child. We have a small supply of masks available for those who do not bring their own, and will distribute while supplies last. We recognize some children with special needs and older toddlers will not comply with wearing a mask. We encourage families to try getting them to wear a mask, but it will not prohibit them from being in the office.