New Year, New Goals
January 6, 2016
Dr. Catherine Nutting, Family Nurse Practitioner, Metabolic and Nutritional Medicine
A new year gives us the opportunity to restart, refocus, and reprioritize. As you set your new year’s intentions and goals, here are five wholistic tips to keep you on a healthy and happy path in 2016.
- Set inspirational, attainable, aspirational goals
- Refocusing aspirations – if you steer away from your goals, be gentle with yourself, remind yourself you can refocus at any point – you can always start over at any time (reevaluate and begin with the now)
- Exploring Healthy Foods – try something new (explore new and exotic fresh fruits and find new ways to prepare vegetables, etc.)
- Make Exercise new and fun – try something new (e.g., strength training, HIIT, Hatha Yoga, Kickboxing)
- Make Mental health a priority – find time to meditate, journal, and for self-care.
Dr. Catherine Nutting earned her Doctorate of Nursing Practice from the University of South Florida and is certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner. In addition, she earned a Diplomate Certification as an American Board of Anti-Aging Health Practitioner (ABAAHP) from the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. Dr. Nutting also completed an integrative medicine residency through the University of South Florida and holds a Masters of Medical Science in Nutrition and Metabolic Medicine. She is also a Fellow of Metabolic and Nutritional Medicine.