WFLA News Channel 8: Tampa Pediatrician Speaks Before FDA Vaccine Committee
December 10, 2020
by Rob Carter
TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A Tampa doctor spoke before the FDA panel Thursday to give his opinions on the Pfizer vaccine.
Dr. David Berger is the owner of Wholistic Pediatrics and Family Care and told the panel he feels more studies need to be done, specifically about current and future effects of the vaccine.
During his three minute presentation he outline several points including:
● Ongoing post-vaccine studies of definable subpopulations, including different ethnicities, nationalities; various socioeconomic groups; those with pre-existing allergic, hyperinflammatory, and autoimmune conditions; pediatric and geriatric patients
● Details of post-vaccine adverse events
● Identification of specific vaccine and batch number administered to each individual
included in the data
● Vaccine effects on currently-infected and previously-infected COVID-19 patients
● Minimum of six-months tracking patients to assess longer-term side effects; particularly,
the development of autoimmune and hyper-inflammatory conditions, such as those listed
in other vaccine package inserts
● Post-vaccine protective rates, including surveillance of IgG antibodies to various
● What IgG antibody level is considered protective
“I think a person who would hesitant, would look at those numbers differently and would have a better chance of making a better decision for themselves and their families,” Dr. Berger said.
Berger plans to speak before the Moderna hearing next week.
Posted: Dec 10, 2020 / 06:44 PM EST /
Dr. David Berger (“Dr. David”), a Board Certified Pediatrician with over 20 years of experience as a clinician, has developed a national reputation in wholistic pediatric primary care. Dr. David is considered Tampa Bay area’s leading authority on medical cannabis for adults and children, and is one of the nation’s most experienced pediatricians using medical cannabis to help facilitate the treatment of children with chronic conditions.
Dr. David graduated from The Medical College of Pennsylvania in 1994 and completed his pediatric residency at the University of South Florida/Tampa General Hospital where he first began utilizing wholistic therapies. Dr. David has been in private practice since 1997 and in 2005 opened Wholistic Pediatrics & Family Care, his medical practice in Tampa, Florida. In 2010, Dr. David was appointed Assistant Professor at the University of South Florida College of Nursing. In 2016, he launched Wholistic ReLeaf to help qualified patients become certified to use medical cannabis.