Immediate Opening for Full-Time Registered Nurse to Join Wholistic Pediatrics & Family Care
April 9, 2018
Please ONLY submit your resume if you meet the specific criteria below. We seek a highly experienced and dedicated nurse to welcome to our team.
Wholistic Pediatrics and Family Care of Tampa, Florida (in conjunction with Wholistic ReLeaf, our family medical cannabis clinic) has an immediate full-time opening for a warm and caring, open-minded, full-time head nurse with managerial experience to join our close-knit unique practice.
The right candidate will be interested in a long-term career position with room for growth within the company.
The applicant must be comfortable working with children with special needs (the majority with autism and behavioral issues), as well as adults with depression and anxiety. The applicant must also be comfortable being around children who have not been (or are have partially been) vaccinated.
The core philosophies and focus of our practice are described at www.WholisticFamilyCare.com.
PRIMARY CLINIC RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
- Phone triage & urgent calls
- Liaison between patients and providers
- Answer basic medical questions
- Administer vaccines
- Assist with and provide pediatric and adult phlebotomy and injections
- Place and supervise IV therapy
- Assist with insurance authorizations
- Order prescriptions (via phone and e-fax), including compounded medicines
- Computer proficiency is required in our paperless office (including comfort working with our electronic medical records, email, scanning, and other standard computer applications).
ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage clinic staff
- Maintain medical supplies inventory
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS & SKILLS
- Outgoing personality
- Responsible & timely
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Holistic-oriented personal and professional lifestyle is a plus
- Multi-linguistic and cultural diversity a plus
- Utilize experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- All staff is trained to cover the front desk and share with the general upkeep of the office, kitchen, and bathrooms.
- We are a non-smoking facility and, due to our patients with sensitivities, our staff does not wear perfumes or other strong scents.
- References will be checked.
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00. No weekends or holidays, although Saturday and evening hours may become possible in the future.
Salary: $53,000 – $58,000 annually, based on experience and skill set.
Benefits: We offer great benefits including sick/vacation time and paid holidays, and the perks of working in a family-oriented, holistic office. Health, dental, and vision insurance are available after 90 days.
START DATE: Must be available to start no later than Monday, April 30, 2018.
TO APPLY: If you are interested in joining our team, please email the following materials to our Office Manager, Emily Colón, at Emily@WholisticFamilyCare.com:
- A cover letter explaining why you would be a good addition to our team, including your experience in the clinical and administrative skills listed above,
- Your resume, and
- At least two professional references.
Wholistic Pediatrics & Family Care is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.